Sunday, March 28, 2010
Colouring Easter Eggs
Even though eggs in tights can look a bit scary it's a surprisingly easy way to colour eggs. Some leaves, old tights cut up, a piece of string to hold everything in place and some onion peel for colour. Such beautiful effects.
What you need.
Eggs (room temperature), onion peel of about 8-10 onions, leaves, a pair of old tights and some string
What you do.
1) Boil onion peel in about 1.5 liters of water for about 15-20 mins
2) Place leaves on eggs (if you use a little water they stick to the egg better)
3) Cut up tights into rectangles (big enough to cover the egg when pulled tight)
4) Cover egg and leaf with the rectangle, pull tight and tie with string
5) Place about 6 eggs in water with onion peel, bring to boil and boil for about 12- 13 mins
6) Take out eggs, cut open tights, peel off leaf and leave egg to cool
7) Rub a little olive oil into the eggshell for a little shine
Repeat step 5 as often as you need. The water colours quite a few badges of eggs and you can always save it and re-use it at a later time.