Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Colour my valentine

At 'La Factoria' each month they invite a contemporary artist to explain his work to kids. They have a fantastic way of making even conceptual art accessible to kids. The kids can ask all kinds of questions and finally create their version of the artist's work.

At one of the events the kids drew lots of pictures which were later copied, re-assembled and made into books. To be later on added to and changed by more drawings.

This inspired these little colouring books.
She drew, I cut and copied.
I am looking forward to seeing them once her friends have added their mark.

Do you remember these?

12 comments:

Isa said...

this is such an amazing idea, wow, I love it. We'll have to do it, too!

Lena said...

hi, so glad to have found your blog, so many wonderful things here!

Trula said...

@lena. Thank you very much. I love your blogs.

csr said...

will do so. .

Séverine said...

Love the idea and the result :)

rahel said...

Love the idea. I will try to remember this for when my daughter will be a bit older. Although she knows how to draw "things"- she mostly stucks to very geometrical shapes...

Lanapelana said...

Que actividad mas chula para hacer con niños! Y el librito le quedó genial! :D

Lepäävä Esteetikko said...

This is such a clever idea.

Your new header (if that is how it is called?) is great!

Trula said...

@Leväävä. I like it, too. The wooden circles are from one of their favourite toys. I have to collect them every night. The last one is always difficult to find.

blue china studio said...

Such a great ideas with the book. And it would easy to stash away in a memory box later.

Bohemian girl said...

These hand made books, together with the one that you showed few posts earlier, are very pretty. I tried to make them too in the past, they are like zine, artist's unique books.

Junko said...

wonderful!