Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Simple sewing - gingham napkins



I really like beautifully laid out tables. Nothing fancy. Just a little flower, a candle, maybe some napkins or a lovely potholder by Renilde. During the holidays there's always time to set the table before two starving little princesses forget all their manners and attack the food.

I know it's not going to be easy, but I would quite like to make it a daily habit.

To help us along I did some very simple sewing - a small stash of gingham napkins. Inspired by these beautiful camping pictures we even took them with us on a recent camping trip. They turned out to be quite versatile. They had to help cover little eyes when washing their hair under the evil grown up shower could no longer be avoided. And I think they go very well with what can be found in the woods.

Hopefully with things starting to settle around here, there will be more sewing and posting and commenting on your posts soon. I miss it.

8 comments:

Createlas said...

Very nice done, also the pictures have the wright atmosfere. I love the small plate with the bird!

Trula said...

Thank you. I bought the small plate with the bird at a little stall on Brick Lane in London but cannot seem to find the packaging to properly credit the maker.

lazybliss said...

i love gingham and i love fabric napkins, i naturally like those a lot! :)

Jane said...

I've been thinking that's time to sew up some cloth napkins as well. Thanks for reminding (and inspiring) me!

Trula said...

Thank you.

Lazybliss. Me, too. I have to be careful to not cover my home in gingham :)

Jane. Do make some, they are really easy and quick to make.

Neus said...

I love the atmosphere of your photos too! And yes gingham can be an addiction!

Alicia said...

lovely ones!!

sab said...

Un blog que je découvre !! que de jolies choses par ici.
Je reviendrai....

Bonne journée,