Thursday, November 29, 2012

An Advent Calendar


I am always amazed at how much kids actually teach us. There I spend many hours of the day answering 'Why?' questions only to realize that really, I am the one learning from them.

For a while I've been thinking about this idea of a 'Learning from Kids' collection of photos. Each one showing a different facet and point of view. And all of them together a celebration of how wonderful it is to be taught. A gift, really.

So this is what you'll find here starting the day after tomorrow. An image per day, taken by different people. I have been visiting their blogs for a long time and apart from their beautiful creations I find the glimpses of how they live life with their kids very inspiring.

Thank you to all of them for taking the time to take part. I've often had a smile on my face while working with the images and putting the calendar together. None of this would have been created without the photoshop guidance so happily and patiently provided by my friend Bonaria.


I cannot wait to hear what you think. I imagine we are not the only ones learning a lot from our kids.


14 comments:

la casita said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
la casita said...

Looking forward to learn something from kids, what a lovely idea you had! x

Kickcan & Conkers said...

This is going to be interesting, I'm sure!

Bichos da Matos said...

What a beautiful photo to start!I'll be stopping by your place everyday :-)

Paul & Paula ★ said...

looking forward to see all entries...

Just White said...

This is such a beautiful idea...I come here via Caterina and I am so thankful because I can see you will be one of my daily reading from now on.
I can´t wait to see more of this amazing Calendar.

Eliana

Amber @ The Cardboard Collective said...

This is such a simple, beautiful idea. I love that everything you share on your blog has so much grace in it.

cinzia ruggieri said...

I love this idea,so much...

cocon said...

Exciting!!

adeline said...

i love this idea!! so good!!

Melissa Kojima said...

What a joyful gorgeous idea for an advent calendar. Such a great way to spread the Christmas cheer. It warms me right down to my icicle toes.

Zwischen den Meeren said...

*************************************************************************************************************************GlG*********************************************************

Isabelle said...

What a nice idea !

SaRaH said...

love love this project.
I don't have kids but i spend incredible time with friends' kids, and love them so much for what they teach me.